Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Personality Piece


So here are all the angles of my personality piece.

This turned out to be a hilarious and shocking performance piece, as we can see here in these next pictures...




So the process of creating this consisted of a night absolutely full of baking, I made 10 red velvet cakes and 52 red velvet cupcakes for the after show. As I didn't want anything to go bad or shift on the cake I had to create the glorious cake you see before you all the night before the critique. It was quite a rush job.

Now as for the critique this seemed to go over great with the class. How can you not love a girl smashing a fantastic cake with a giant sledgehammer? Somebody did get the message I was trying to get across that I may display that I'm a sweet wonderful person but underneath all the layers, I'm also incredibly self destructive.

People liked that I used a deep red cake as it was unexpected and could easily represent the inside of a person. Some people said they wished they could have seen the previous version a little longer before the smashing, but when people asked if it was a performance it pretty much forced me to get on with it.

That is pretty much it, I'm happy this went over so well, it was probably my favorite piece to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment