Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Modular Madness Critique

I'm very pleased how well received my piece was. Everybody was pretty excited to see it finished, and people even went up that crazy ladder to view it.

Mainly the only parts that were a cause to talk about were how the string was visible, some wished it were done on fishing line. Which was funny, as I tried using it at first but you couldn't get good knots around it and it was a horrible material for sewing, so it had to go. It thankfully wasn't a big deal though. Another point that was brought up was that I had left the ends of the string past the glue just hanging there. Honestly I never thought about trimming them so that was a good point and way to improve the cleanliness of the piece.

Other than that this was quite the spectacle! Big pieces are always attention grabbing and it worked out wonderfully. It could be enjoyed from many points of view so I feel like the ridiculous amount of time that was put into it was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment