Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Process and Critique- Performance

Well guys, my plan was to wow and amaze you with epic hula hooping skills.

But that died.

Lets take it from the top, I was inspired to do this by a childhood memory of going to the Barnum and Bailey's Circus that happened a very long time ago. I had caught the eye of the lead clown, and she pulled me in front of a bunch of people and we hula'd multiple hoops together. It was hilarious and awesome, and when I thought performance, my mind clicked back to that moment. So I head off to walmart to purchase as many hula hoops as I could get, which was 5, how sad. I practiced and was able to hula for about 2 hours at a time. This attracted alot of people in the dorm I live in to come watch and hula with me, and I didn't feel uncomfortable whatsoever. Until the day arrived for me to do this...

Just like speech giving, I freeze up badly, and that is exactly what my body decided to do this Friday. It was pretty upsetting knowing I can do this for very long periods of time without a problem and fail at doing it for 60 seconds.

So for my critiques, it was mentioned that people wanted to help me out as they watched me. Then the conversation spiraled downward into how I had tricked people into thinking I'd be like crazy awesome with my sparkley fantastic water filled hula hoops, and I crushed their hopes.

...
Damn.

At least my ending was well received.
And that's about it. :|

No comments:

Post a Comment