Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Progress Report: First Week of Cardboard

     As far as my cardboard pinecone is going, I'm very excited I have a very sturdy base and stalk to build off of. From using the leaf-like cardboard cut outs to create the layered appearance of the bottom of a pinecone, it looks accurate and makes for a very weighted base.

     I know exactly what I'm going to do next with it now, and that is to attach each of the pointed pieces next. I'm going to do this by using the same idea I used to attach the stalk of the pinecone, by cutting an insert into each piece so I can just shove the two pieces together and they wont shift around. They will be placed onto rounded layers that'll look like shelves with their own support system.

Here is what I have, and my ideas that I will implement for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment